1. Skin & debone chicken (or just buy boneless); cut meat into large pieces.
2. Place in 8”x8” baking dish and sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
3. Brown almonds in butter. Remove almonds and saute´ onion & mushrooms in remaining butter. Add lemon juice, sherry almonds, stirring well.
4. Spoon mixture over chicken pieces.
5. Cover with foil and bake 1 hour, 15 minutes at 350°F.
6. Spoon rice on serving platter and place chicken on top. Garnish with parsley.
Source: Southern Sideboards (1978) (Jackson, MS Jr. League)
This is a simple dish with a great taste.
Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny. Lao Tzu (604 BC - 531 BC)
The higher you climb, The more that you see. The more that you see, The less that you know. The less that you know, The more that you yearn. The more that you yearn, The higher you climb. Dan Fogelberg (1951-2007)
This looks delicious, printing it to try. Do you think it would freeze well? I was considering making in small batches for the 2 of us and freezing after step 4 in Pyrex dishes. Probably use about half a pound of chicken and 3 cup dish. Should the chicken pieces be laid down in a single layer? How big do you consider large pieces? We would normally do about an inch. Think the almonds would get too smushy?