This soup is more like a soup than a chili, but it has awesome flavor! My DH would eat this weekly.
Panera Bread Turkey Chili Copycat Recipe Soup Prep 10 mins ∙ Cook 1 hour ∙ Makes 8 ∙ Source 3gitalian.com INGREDIENTS
3 tbsp Olive Oil 2 Med Sweet Onions 2 Carrots 4 Celery Stalks 2 Cloves Garlic 1 tsp Salt 1-2 tbsp Fresh Ground Pepper 1-2 tbsp Chili Power 1-2 tbsp Ground Cumin 1 tsp Italian Seasoning 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper (optional 2 Pounds Ground Turkey Breast 2 tbsp Tomato Paste 1 16 oz Can of Kidney Beans - Drained and Rinsed 1 16 oz Can of Garbanzo Beans - Drained and Rinsed ½ Cup Corn ½ Cup Shelled Edamame 28 oz Crushed Tomatoes 32 oz Vegetable Stock DIRECTIONS
1. Heat olive oil over low-medium heat.
2. Sauté onions, celery, carrots, and minced garlic and sautee until vegetables are soft, about 10 mins.
3. Add salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, red pepper, and Italian seasoning to vegetables. Sautee another two minutes. Start with the lower amounts and add more according to taste and spice level desired.
4. Add ground turkey and tomato paste and cook until done.
5. Add crushed tomatoes, stock, beans, edamame, and corn.
6. Stir well and simmer for 30 to 45
7. Serve in bowls as is or with corn or tortilla chips.
I have made this multiple times and EVERYONE loves it! I don't even care for chili and I like this!
I grill a plain turkey breast and shred it to add to the chili. I do not care for kidney beans, so I use white cannellini beans instead. And I skip the garbanzo beans, but that is purely my personal preference!