Post by lasteve1 on Dec 27, 2018 19:09:51 GMT
Hi everyone! Welcome to our 2 peas One Little Word thread for 2019. There was talk over on the Ali Edwards thread about starting our own OLW thread to share progress, encouragement, and prompts throughout the year whether you're taking Ali's class, participating in another similar project, or doing it on your own. I plan on sharing an update here each month to keep this thread active, but I hope there will be a lot of us playing along! In case you're not familiar with the OLW concept, the goal is to choose a guiding word for the year (similar to a New Year's resolution) and then set various goals surrounding that word. Many people create an album to go along with their word/progress, but you can also create a journal, TN, photo book, anything you want or even just think about your word & share here.
Whatever your plans... choose a word and join our thread! To start, introduce yourself & answer these questions:
What is your word for 2019?
Why did you choose that word?
Are you participating in Ali's class or another class/program on the internet to help you with your OLW?
How are you planning to document your word?
Is this your first time participating in OLW?
If you've participated before, what were your previous words & how was your experience with the project?
1. Each month I plan to list out a couple of prompts. These will be prompts I come up with or are based on what I'm doing (I'm following along in the OLW journal). I am not taking Ali's OLW class this year, but I have taken it in the past. I am not trying to step on the toes of her class or share any info I received from purchasing the class, but I feel like general prompt ideas (without sharing images/downloads) should be fine, especially because I'm just coming up with them versus looking back at old classes. That said, they might resemble her prompts just because I've taken the class in the past (and some of them are kinda obvious).
2. Feel free to copy and paste the prompts into your own post & provide your responses or pick & choose the prompts you want to use or use your own format to respond to the prompts or completely ignore my prompts and post whatever you are doing to focus on your OLW this month. The goal is to check in monthly, in whatever way you want, regardless of the prompts/class/format you are using.
3. Feel free to update your post throughout the month as you complete/add to specific prompts. Or feel free to add additional posts as you work on the prompts. There is no wrong way!
4. Feel free to respond to older prompts/post older prompts as the year goes on. Or you can skip them and just do the current month. I will update the OP with page # info where you can find each month's prompts in case you fall behind and want to catch up.
5. We'd love to see photos of your projects or response to any of the prompts, but also feel free to just share words here.
6. If you want to be tagged each month with the new prompts and I'm not already tagging you, send me a PM and I'll add you to the list.
WHERE TO FIND PROMPTS ON THIS THREAD:
January - page 2
February - page 3
March - page 4